2012年2月26日 星期日

Journal Entry- Narrative Poem


Papa’s Fishing Hole

I place my tiny hand in his
as we walk to Papa’s Fishing Hole.
I hand him a wiggling night crawler
fighting for his life. The deadly hook squishes
through the worm’s head,
and I watch the brown guts ooze out.
Papa throws the pole’s long arm back
and then forward.
The line lands in a merky spot
along the reedy shore.
Now I get to reel it in.
Nothing yet, he says.
He casts again. I reel it in.
Still nothing.
Three time’s a charm, he says.
He casts.
A strike.
We turn the crank together.
The fish jumps from the water
and his colors form a rainbow
as he arches his body above the reeds.
My Papa handles him
with the skill of a master
as I stop helping to watch him work.
A stiff jerk, a quick reel, a stiff jerk again.
The fish doesn’t have a chance, I yell.
I know. I know. I know, he says.


The rhymes make the poem more smooth, and the length is not long which make this poem easier to read. Its style is really casule, which also make this poem easy to understand and to read. This poem has good use of figure of speech because it used a lot of adjetives to make the image and details more clear.

沒有留言:

張貼留言